What Is Baptism?
We believe baptism by immersion, post-conversion is a symbol of a restored relationship with God by grace through faith in Jesus:
- Baptism is an ordinance of the church by the command (Matt. 28:18-19) and example (Matt. 3:13-17) of Christ.
- Baptism is an act of obedience to Christ and His command.
- Baptism is a symbolic demonstration of a person’s union with Christ by grace through faith in His death, burial, and resurrection (Rom. 6:3-4; Gal. 3:26-27; Col. 2:8-15).
- Baptism is a public testimony to a Believer’s faith in Christ’s atonement for sins and certain hope in His return.
- Baptism is a sign of the Believer’s future resurrection from the dead when Christ returns to consummate his Kingdom (Col. 3:1-4; cf. 2:12); .
- Baptism is a prerequisite to membership and the Lord’s Supper (Acts 2:38, 41-42).
Who Should Be Baptized?
Anyone who has made a genuine profession to follow Jesus Christ by grace through faith ought to be baptized in obedience to Christ’s command and as a public profession of faith in Him.
How do I take this step?
We’d love to hear your story and walk you through what baptism is all about. If you’re interested in being baptized or simply have more questions, contact Pastor Raymond or let your Life Group Leader know of your interest.