At The Journey Church (TJC), our basic beliefs represent the simple and foundational beliefs of Christianity. We are steadfast in our commitment to historical Christian orthodoxy and are guided by three widely accepted historical Christian statements of faith: the Nicene Creed, the Apostles’ Creed, and the 1689 London Baptist Confession. As a church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, we also affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000. Anyone pursuing membership and baptism at The Journey Church must agree with these beliefs.
• The Bible is the word of God
• There is one true and living God who exists in 3 persons: God the Father, God the Son—Jesus, and God the Holy Spirit
• God created all things for His glory
• Men and women are created in the image of God
• Men and women are separated from God because of sin
• God alone is the architect and finisher of our salvation
• The Holy Spirit gives gifts to His children
• The church consists of all who have trusted the Lord Jesus Christ for their eternal salvation
• There are two ordinances: Believer’s Baptism by immersion & the Lord’s Supper
• The Church is called to mission
• Heaven and Hell are real places
• Jesus Christ will one day return to establish His Kingdom
For a more in depth explanation of each of these beliefs, visit our Explanation of Beliefs page.